Tuesday, September 9, 2008

turning over a new leaf

Out with the old.


In with the new.


I'm officially a mom. We bought my parents' Highlander over the weekend, allowing me to now cart around inordinate amounts of unnecessary purchases from Costco without having to stuff it all in the VW trunk alongside the stroller. There's also a loud speaker system that I can use while Emery exercises his vocal cords (as seen below). It's a dream come true!



After 200,000+ miles, I guess we'll always have the memories of the Honda, right? It was Nate's first fancy car which he bought while I was on my mission. I only received a handful of letters from him when I was in Italy, and one of them was all about this black beauty, which even included a picture or two. There was a time when he loved the car a bit more than me! It served us well-- it drove us to the romantic spot where my cute husband proposed to me and it took us down I-15 all the way to the Long Beach Harbor for our honeymoon cruise. I think Nate was a little sad to see it go, except when I reminded him of how he got stuck in the snow many a time last winter, after our move into the mountains. That was enough to lighten the mood as the new owner drove it away. hip, hip, hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're a full-blown soccer mom now! :) We got a Murano last year after I got tired of all the 360s I kept doing in my little car during the nasty winters here... I love it! (Don't love the fill-ups, but the car is great.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new car. Oh, how I wish we could get a new car that is bigger than ours!! Someday :)
    Has Corey set a date yet? I can't get him to tell me, so maybe you can tell me :)

    ReplyDelete