Saturday, September 6, 2008

little royalty



I watched a show on TLC about crazy pageant parents who live vicariously through their small children, coercing them into wearing ball gowns and swimsuits, prancing around on stage and acting like they're 25... all so that the mothers can live out their own dreams of wearing a tiara. Luckily for Emery, I was homecoming princess in high school, so I've already had my fantasy fulfilled. However, when I downloaded these pictures today, I realized that I am becoming what I fear the most-- while I haven't signed him up for the Freedom Festival Baby Contest yet, I did pose him to look like he was sitting on the couch wearing running shoes.





But he's so cute-- I couldn't resist. I never knew that being a mother would lead me down this dreaded path.
Here we come, Universal Royalty!


PS... thanks to Grandma Karen for the adorable outfit. That's really what started this whole thing, anyway! Nate and I were sad to discover that we could barely buckle Emery into the overalls, so we knew we HAD to take a million pictures before the moment was gone. He's gotten so tall-- as Grandma Jeanne would always say, I should put a brick on his head to keep him little forever...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! He is so cute. Look at those overalls and those cute little shoes! What a little man!

    ReplyDelete