Monday, September 22, 2008

no more whaling

This music was a Sherwin favorite when Andy was the little one and apparently, Emery has gotten the bug, too. From the time he was born, I have sung him "Baby Beluga" as he falls asleep or needs comforting. We bought the CD last week and he's in love. He's not a fan of his car seat and so our new routine is to roll the windows down and listen to the tune. Within hearing the first two lines of the song, he's quiet. At first, I thought it a fluke, but have found that it really works! On Friday, we drove with my mom to Brooklyn's school to volunteer in her classroom. Because we didn't have the CD, on the way home, they improvised the song in the backseat. It worked wonders on the boy. The only bad thing is that he's only content with "Baby Beluga"-- I guess I need to start singing him the rest of the album and see if we can incorporate the other songs into his repertoire...

Yahoo for Raffi!

1 comment: