Wednesday, October 15, 2008

winter woes

After two night of hourly awakenings (with no sleeping, but lots of cuddles and pacifiers), I took Emery to the pediatrician today. He's been showing signs of sickness-- runny nose, congestion, raspy breathing, and a cough. Because of our trip to the ER when he was 4 weeks old and the diagnosis of bronchiolitis, I know that I'm hyper sensitive now to any and all illness with my child.

The nurse asked if he was having trouble eating. I had noticed that he ate a couple of ounces less the last two days, but when he was weighed, it didn't seem that way-- 20 lbs. even. That's 6 oz. more than last week at his 4 month check-up...

The conclusion: a nasty cold. He did fine in the exam room with the nurse, falling asleep in just his diaper, wrapped in a blanket and cuddled in my arms. But then the doctor came in. He woke right up and did this the rest of the appointment:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe he weighs 20 pounds. Keelia weighs 22 1/2! Crazy. He is so cute, I want to hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy! I hate when they don't feel good and there's nothing you can do to help soothe them.

    ReplyDelete