Thursday, October 9, 2008

4 month check-up



It started out innocently enough, with a glowing report from Dr. Whiting. Our little boy is growing up so quickly-- literally. He measured 26" (90%) and 19 lbs. 10 oz. (97%) with a head that can technically have its' own weather system (44.8 cm., 95%). There was even mention of his more content demeanor, compared with our last visit. It was a lovely morning at Alpine Pediatrics until the needles came out. One oral vaccine and then 4 shots in succession. I had given him Tylenol beforehand, and I think it helped... a bit. It was so sad to see the surprise on his face as he was poked, his little legs held at the ankles so that he couldn't squirm. I almost lost it, but held my composure, as I upset the nurse at our visit two months ago. And I wanted to be strong for my boy, as I'm sure there will be plenty of other times to cry as he turns into the fine man he's destined to be.

waiting for the doctor...










left...


right...


cuddling with Grandma post shots, none the worse for wear






1 comment: