Thursday, October 30, 2008

two steps forward, two steps back


Lately, the little man has been doing a whole lot of this:



After many of the signs and behaviors began to resurface that he'd shown a couple of months ago, I thought it might be his acid reflux issues yet again. So today, we took a trip to see Dr. Whiting, who prescribed another medication to help with digestion, which in turn should help with the reflux. He'll also start having a little apple juice every day and some rice cereal. He's growing up and it's time for me to stop saying I have a newborn.

Even though the appointment was at his witching hour this afternoon, he did fantastic. A healthy, strong baby, the doctor exclaimed-- music to his mother's ears. He's had quite a growth spurt, measuring 27 1/2 inches. That's 1 1/2 inches in a month! He's also gained 12 oz. in that time, so he's up to 20 lbs, 12 oz. We're going to have to pack the infant car seat away within the next couple of weeks, I'm afraid.

If all goes as planned, we'll be able to see a difference with the medication within a day or two.
The hope is that he's go back to a whole lot of this:

3 comments:

  1. It is so awful when they don't feel good and you can't figure out what is wrong.
    I hope the new medicine works. Man, I totally feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing he is gorgeous huh? it gets better, trust me! but aghh... those yummy cheeks! ps- my verification word is a naughty one. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly he is precious! He's a big boy!!! Ella weighs only 19 lbs and she is 9 months old!!! I'm glad to hear that he is healthy and thriving! Isn't motherhood the best?

    ReplyDelete