Wednesday, May 12, 2010

today...

... we spent tons of time on laundry, as I had to play catch up after our Vegas vacation this past weekend. Emery was at my side for every cycle, having fun playing with the new train Nonna bought him at TJMaxx.

... I tried to get Emery caught up on sleep and was able to get him to take two two hour naps, a GINORMOUS accomplishment.

... Emery both loved and loathed Ruby. Aside from the many swipes he took at her face, several times he said, "hold", and I placed Ruby in his arms as he squeezed her little body and grinned from ear to ear. He'd then say, "hug" as his arms were wrapped around her and my heart melted. He always tilts his head into hers so that he can get as close to her as he can.

... we went to the mall on 106th south to ride the train and play on the indoor play area with Erin, Susannah and Jack. Emery had spent the whole morning asking for "Zanna" and crying at the door as he tried to leave to "walk". He had an amazing time on the train ride and Erin said he went through each of their names and "choo choo" the entire ride. He was NOT happy when it ended, though. He half-heartily played on the slide and spent the majority of the time trying to break free and see the train. We walked around it a couple of times with him crying and whimpering, "choo choo!". It became too painful, so we headed back to the car. I was pleasantly surprised that he walked and held Susannah's hand all the way to the exit of the mall. He shows signs of being such a big boy!

... we got home from the mall and headed straight for the bath, as he was getting a diaper rash. A couple of times in the last month or so, he's gotten out of the tub and after running around naked, he's squatted down, looked at his penis, and peed all over the floor. So today in the tub, he looked down and seemed to be concentrating on trying to get something going. I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty, and he kept repeating "potty". There was nothing like looking at those chubby little legs hanging over the toilet while I held both his hands. He had a huge grin on his face and seemed to be really trying to make something happen! I'm in no hurry and actually enjoy that he's in a diaper, as I think it makes my life easier at the store. :) But it was a start to yet another milestone...

... he was on a bit of a terror-- lots of hitting and grabbing at Ruby's face. It was a hard day trying to keep him being gentle with her, so I was at the end of my rope as dinner and bedtime approached. He asked for pasta and I got him a bowl of his favorite ravioli. After eating a significant amount, he looked at me from his highchair and chucked the bowl across the kitchen before I could blink. As I picked up the trail of ravioli on the floor, I stopped and looked at him and said, "Emery, NO, we do not throw our food." He then proceeded to shake his little finger and yell, "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO". I had to hide my smiling face from him. Mom called me two minutes later and laughed when I told her what he had done. She reminded me to watch him sleeping later on so that I could remember he can be sweet and loving. As I rocked him before bed, he lifted his head and held my face with his two pudgy little hands and told me a story I couldn't understand. In that moment, I remembered.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post, it reminded me of the days when Alivia & Rex were little and so close in age. Your kids are so cute, kelly.

    ReplyDelete