Monday, May 24, 2010

changes from a mother of two

I was on the computer and Emery came up to me and said, "help!" in a pleading tone. I gave him my hand and asked him to show me what he needed. He took me over to the changing table and got down on his hands and knees, pointing underneath it. "Help!" There it was, a lone baked cheeto, just out of reach. I pulled it out and held it in my hand, which he promptly took. Smiling as he put it in his mouth, a big "MMMMM" was said.

Before Ruby, I probably would have been totally grossed out and tried to fish it from his mouth. Instead, I just smiled at the utter pleasure he had in eating a stale orange chip.

2 comments:

  1. I'm already to that point and I don't have number two. That must mean that even worse things are in store for Will when he has a younger sibling. I'm nervous for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh AMEN... Sometimes I laugh OUT LOUD at the things I let Macy do, that I would NEVER EVER let her do before I had two kids to take care of ...All of the sudden the playgound isn't covered in death inducing botulism... CONGRATS ON YOUR CUTIE! She is SO stinking cute! :)

    ReplyDelete