Tuesday, January 13, 2009

succulent doesn't even begin to describe it.

Nate's been working long hours, so Emery and I have been trying to meet him for lunch occasionally so that father and son can spend a little quality time together. They sure do like each other.



Trying to stretch our dollar, I saw an ad for a new $5 menu at Sizzler. I'm not sure now what I was thinking. Granted, we haven't stepped foot inside that restaurant since the 90's, so my memory was a little fuzzy.

Upon entering, we thought we were in Disneyland waiting in line for a ride. There were TV screens playing looped videos of steak and shrimp, shrimp and shrimp, shrimp and steak, and so on.



Succulent, I'm sure.


Realizing how lame the budget conscious menu was (grilled cheese for $5?), we ordered our regularly priced meals and were told that Emery could eat from the salad bar for free. Given he's fond of only the bottle, I said thanks and was about to move on when the cashier asked me what kind of soda I'd like to order for him. Soda? For a 7 month old? That's what's wrong with our country. Nate initially answered "coke". She asked if pepsi was ok. Nate asked if they had mountain dew instead. She looked a bit put out and said, "for him?"-- she apparently wasn't bothered by the request for coke, but mountain dew put her over the edge.

Wow. We're amazing parents.

After being seated, our waitress came with the obligatory cheese bread, two waters, and a mountain dew in a kid's cup. Nate, I mean Emery, really enjoyed the soda.



1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to think that people would give a baby soda...but Gene and I have on multiple occasions been out with friends who give their babies bottles or sippy cups of coke at the restaurant. Emery is adorable I can't believe he is already 7 months old.

    ReplyDelete