Saturday, August 30, 2008

house of pain

















I sometimes long for Saturday mornings, as I have a new tradition of sneaking in a couple of well earned (if I do say so myself) sleep-filled hours while my boys spend some quality time together. Today should have been no exception. The yellow jackets that have infested our back porch decided to disrupt our peaceful routine, though. I woke quickly to the shrill cry of my little one and Nate's frantic plea to hold the baby. It turns out that within 20 seconds of daddy and son stepping outside, a horrid wasp landed on Emery's forehead. Nate's new found fatherly reflexes swung into high gear- he stepped inside and batted it away, leaving Emery startled and very upset. After making sure he hadn't been stung, it took me ten minutes to settle him down and convince him that his doting dad was trying to help, not hurt, him...

After Nate ended the hornet's life with a People magazine, Max wanted some of the action and decidedly ate him before we could blink. Bravely, Nate went outside soon after and discovered that we have a whole nest directly above the porch. Needless to say, we won't be utilizing our sliding door for quite some time.

1 comment:

  1. That is a funny story. Cute, but funny! What a great dad!

    ReplyDelete