Thursday, July 8, 2010

strawberry fields forever

Just like her mommy 30+ years ago,
Ruby has an adorable outfit courtesy of her GREAT Grandma Jeanne.


It's a dress that keeps on giving! I'm hoping Ruby can wear it for the next three summers-- as a dress, then a tunic, and finally a shirt.
The ribbon straps can be adjusted as she grows and grows and grows!


When I called Grandma to tell her we love it, she shared the story of the fabric.
It's from the 70's and was originally purchased to make into napkins that matched a tablecloth she had made.










Ruby got annoyed that I took quite so many pictures and things started to go downhill.
Luckily she found her thumb.



We changed locations hoping the scenery would suit her better.






Getting hungry, she had a little meltdown.


But like always, with just a few words of encouragement...


... the smiles were back!


Thank you Grandma Jeanne... I couldn't be any happier with the dress!
I'm so grateful Ruby has something to call her own that was made especially for her by such loving hands.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly...she takes my breath away. She is heartbreakingly beautiful!

    That dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! (The dress and Ruby!) What a cool idea for a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that dress! I think I had a dress made out of a similar fabric, too, when I was little. :) She's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has such a beautiful smile. It was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete