Tuesday, November 18, 2008

on a lighter note--

After the funeral, we headed to St. George for a family dinner. With a little time to waste, I convinced Nate to stop at my favorite St. George hangout, TJMaxx (it's got so much 'n More!). Knowing my husband's patience wains thin when TJ's is involved, I hustled in leaving my boys and Uncle Kyle in the car.

With a ridiculously adorable pair of overalls in hand (that were on clearance, no less!), I found myself confronted by Kyle not 3 minutes after stepping foot in the store (I know, no surprise that after such a short time I had already found a steal. I'm that good.) I knew there was trouble-- Kyle could only mutter something about Nathan needing me immediately. I threw the overalls and some cash towards him and ran out to the parking lot. My only wish was that I would have had a camera in hand as I approached our car. Nathan with arms outstretched, holding a naked-bottomed screaming baby, looked frightened.

Apparently, the wipes couldn't be located and Emery had let loose... everywhere. After working my magic, he was clean as a whistle and dressed in his pjs, ready for dinner and the late night ride home.

In loving memory of Grandpa Jones, we met up with the extended family at Chuck-A-Rama and then headed north. A big thanks to Kyle for driving our sleeping family all the way home!
_________________


all smiles upon arriving to dinner


Uncle Travis and family


Allison and Kyle

Nate and I were able to eat in peace, as our little angel fell asleep in his stroller (seemingly while praying)


starting--

--to go downhill.
_________________

We made one last stop by our favorite Washington family, the Broughie/Klarmans, to drop off a very belated baby gift...

a girly Adidas sweatsuit for Jaycee, to match Emery's






and we made it home 24 hours after it all began.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! I am so proud of your blog. I miss you guys a lot. Can't wait to see you during Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it that even though there was an "emergency" you still had the wherewithal to buy those overalls, darnit! i laughed at the thought of you throwing cash and a clearance item at an unsuspecting man.

    xo

    ReplyDelete