Thursday, April 23, 2009

like mother, like son.

It seems unfortunate that Emery has inherited his mother's temperamental skin. We visited the pediatrician today in hopes of helping clear a rash that's been coming and going for almost a month.

Diagnosis from the doctor: eczema.



Diagnosis from his mother: ridiculous cuteness.



Waiting for Dr. Whiting, we had a photo shoot.
He was very interested in the camera.





And then he was very interested in the paper upon which he was laying.







And then he spotted the diaper bag



and his favorite contents in it:



string cheese.



And then back to the camera.



And then a quick look at the door as the good doctor arrived.



He did great during the visit and even tolerated a diaper change (he isn't so fond of those anymore).



His stats from the visit: 30 1/2 inches and 26 lbs 15 oz.

Our favorite nurse Melissa, who recently had a baby and was on maternity leave, hadn't seen him since his 6 month check up. She couldn't believe how big he was and kept telling me he was a little man now. It made me sad and happy at the same time.

8 comments:

  1. What did the doctor give you for the Eczema? Keelia has it too and the steroids don't help and nothing else has either. Let me know what you are using and if you find something that works. Please. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! I'm afraid our baby will have eczema too since I have it and a bunch of our nieces and nephews in Pete's family have it too! Hopefully you can clear it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to squeeze him! Please see us before we move to VEGAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those fatty rolls are rediculously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness! How adorable is he?!? Just delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little man! Gavin was diagnosed with severe eczema (it was aweful!). You can take this for what it's worth but it really helped us:
    Hydrocortison 2.5% mixed with Eucerin
    Dr. rec. using Dove body wash--works great!
    Selson blue for his head; also I double rinse his laundry w/ Dreft.
    We've only had minor flare ups while this method. I'm sure you're armed with your own things...but thought I might share what helped us. Give that cute baby a little kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love his side rolls! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Painfully cute. Seriously, I've never seen a kid that actually caused involuntary tears to just start rolling just by looking at him. It's pissing me off.

    ReplyDelete