Monday, June 14, 2010

talking points

Rocking Emery before his morning nap today, he put his hand on my chest. I started stroking his arm and he said, "NI-ce!" just like I always say to him when he's being sweet with Ruby. I'm always grateful to see some of the good words I say get put to use.

This morning, he brought me his easter basket and told me to "fix it" because the handle had broke. He's really starting to put thoughts together instead of just using one word to express himself. It's crazy how quickly he's picking things up these last few weeks... I'm hearing things all the time that I didn't teach him on purpose, but that he's just picking up through hearing everyday conversations (or that he's hearing me say when I am angry... like "shoot!!"-- I'm waiting for a couple of my slip ups to come out of his mouth at some point).

Last night at nonna and papa's house, we had a fun dinner with Spencer, Missy, Julie, and Stu Edgin. Sitting next to the table in his high chair, Emery was being really loud and trying to get me to notice him. It got a little quiet and I asked him if he just needed some attention, to which he replied clearly, "attention!" Needless to say, we paid him much of it the rest of dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment