Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ahoy, matey

Pirates beware: Emery is officially patch-free!


At our appointment at Primary Children's today, Dr. Dries told me that Emery's eyes are looking fabulous while he's wearing his glasses and we can discontinue using the patch. I'm THRILLED and Emery is unknowingly ECSTATIC. We've been battling the last little while, as he can rip that patch off faster than you can say "shiver me timbers". He loves his glasses, but hated that darn patch. The only bad thing about the appointment was my feelings of failure when I had to report that since having Ruby, Emery's wearing of the patch fell from 100% accuracy to 30%. It hurt my heart for a second, as I thought we'd have to switch back to wearing it 2 hours a day. But alas, SUCCESS. Dr. Dries even told me that all my hard work had paid off-- or the 30% effort I'd put in. Either way, we're happy around here!

1 comment: