Sunday, June 15, 2008

oBLOGitory postings


We swore we'd never blog, but blog we must when we have such a cute little one to share! I think we finally understand the blogging world now that he is here. So enjoy-- hell has frozen over upon Emery's arrival.

Update from last week... we got home on Saturday, June 8. Emery had to be under the bili lights for 24 hours (Friday to Saturday) because of jaundice and my blood pressure spiked after delivery, so we both were under a little extra care at the hospital. We arrived home to a wonderful balloon bouquet that Brooklyn and my mom had dropped off and then had lunch with them and my dad. Since then, it's been one big blur. Lots of eating and sleeping and a little bit of crying (both the baby and me!). We seem to have lucked out with one mellow little guy. We've come to find out that he loves walks around the block, his pacifier, and his swing. He's doing a great job of sleeping and giving me a bit of rest- last night he slept for 7 hours straight. He sneezes like his mom-- at least two times in a row-- and he's got the easy going personality of his dad. It's been hard work this week, but we are in love!!

On a side note, Happy first Father's Day to Nate and also to Emery's grandpas and great grandpas!

9 comments:

  1. He is a stud! He already has a cool hairstyle... our girl is 14 months old and is still bald! Anyways, congrats on the baby boy! - Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll be checking in! Congrats and he is ADORABLE>>>my goodness, that hair! Isn't it funny how you become someone you never thought you'd become once you get hold of your litte one. So welcome to blogging....I'm at Christiesstream.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome.

    kelly, i am dying to see him! inez and i thought we maybe spied him (lots of hair that's not black!) in the nursery under the lights, but it was too far to know for sure. he is so cute. we are so happy for you guys and love you all tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!!! He is absolutely ADORABLE! I love all his blond hair...soo cute! You are going to be an amazing mom! I'm glad you started blogging too! Our blog is...peterandkirajay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is beautiful. I am so happy for you and its about time that you started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that people hate this, but he looks like a Sherwin. He really is one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay, you blogger, you. i love your baby. in the picture in the slide show, he looks like you. what a beautiful boy. thanks for the update. miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! He's adorable but of course I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not that I doubted you having a beautiful child or anything but W-O-W! Kelly he really is gorgeous!!! And I love that he sneezes twice in a row! I totally remember that about you.

    ReplyDelete