Wednesday, August 4, 2010

cleaning the kitchen

Normally, I try to clean the kitchen in the evening, once the little ones are in bed and the house is quiet.
I listen to Dave Ramsey, think of our emergency fund, and scrub.

Last night, I watched Rachel Zoe instead. I die.
This morning, Ruby helped me clean the dishes.



And Emery played with his new bucket of trucks over toast.


He used to carry around loads of cars and trucks and things with wheels in anything he could find-- a shoe box, an old basket, or any number of random buckets from Costco leftovers. He loves buckets and baskets and anything that helps him cart his important things around. It's easier than using his "third hand", which is the family reference to his mouth. Because yes, he carries anything he can't hold in his hands or with his arms in his mouth.

At Target a bit ago, I found this cute green bucket that was just his size. He hasn't parted ways with it since. It goes EVERYWHERE with us. To the grocery store, to nonna's house, to the restaurant, not to mention in every room of the house.

This morning was no exception.






I love my little boy.



1 comment: